Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trash Truck Tuesday

This is the one day of the week I make sure my son and I are completely dressed, including shoes, before we come downstairs for breakfast.  It is usually in the middle of eating our cereal that my two year old boy hears the "hum" of the trash truck coming down the street.  He starts squealing with excitement as I take him out of the highchair and we run outside so we don't miss any of the show.  Shay greets the trash man on the sidewalk with a huge smile, bouncing up and down and clapping his hands as the trash man collects each and every can.  He studies how the truck mechanically lifts each can up over the truck and dumps out the garbage.  Pretty amazing!  Today there was a parade of about 6 boys following the trash truck up and down the street.  We even managed to get the trash man to honk his horn.  It was a great way to start our Tuesday.  I'm sure it brightened the day of the driver as he watched the boys in his rear view mirror.
Who knew trash day would ever be so exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment