Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spiral Rainbow Cookies

I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it.  I made them for my son's class in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday (March 2).  However, after making these, I realized they would be perfect for any occasion.  You could pick the colors you need for Christmas, 4th of July, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, or even the colors of your soccer team,...
The best part was that this activity is VERY kid friendly.  My five year old son and 10 year old neighbor helped to make these colorful and delicious cookies!  They were busy forming the dough into grape size balls, rolling, and dipping into the sprinkles.  They loved seeing the colors mix.  Each cookie is different!

I have attached the link to the sugar cookie recipe and directions for the rainbow spirals.  I hope you and your kids have fun making these yummy treats!

The only thing we did differently was that we only had 4 colors of the food coloring.
finished product

rolling and making spiral



No comments:

Post a Comment