Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart - Gratitude Journal

Last Thanksgiving we spent the day with friends.  I wanted to bring a meaningful gift to show our thanks and appreciation for inviting us to their family celebration.  I found a "Fall" looking journal and inscribed a special message.  Each person wrote in the journal what they were thankful for.  The young ones drew a picture.  I told the host to put the journal away with the Thanksgiving decorations so that every year your guests can write in the journal.
This year my family will be starting this tradition.  I ordered a notebook on Shutterfly which included my favorite family pictures.  It will be fun to look back every year to see who was at our Thanksgiving, what they were thankful for and to see their handwriting.  Nowadays most notes are emailed or printed.  Hand written notes are always treasured.
Wishing you many blessing this Thanksgiving with your family and friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment