Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kindergarten Readiness Workshops

ABC Hunt
This is an exciting time for you and your child. As an experienced kindergarten teacher and parent of a kindergarten student myself, I know there are many questions and concerns:  “Is my child ready?  Will they know anyone?  What can I do to make this a smooth transition---socially and academically?”  
I will come to your Playgroup and lead fun, interactive activities that focus on a variety of basic phonemic awareness skills (letters, sounds, name recognition, etc), and math concepts.  You will take home parent-friendly ideas to reinforce Kindergarten readiness skills over the Summer.  This is a great opportunity for your group to have fun learning together and begin to build new friendships.  

Please feel free to contact me for more information: dcodaniels@gmail.com

*Child/Parent Workshop: 1.5 hours/$25, materials included  
All activities are based on skills necessary for Kindergarten.
1.  Welcome activity - names
2.  Circle  and whole group activity - story, song, name game
3.  Center activities - letter, sounds, and numbers
4.  Closing
5.  Parent Q&A

Be sure to check out some of my other Kindergarten Readiness Posts for more fun activities to get you child ready!

Rainbow Writing Names and Sight Words
Here is what parents had to say after the Kindergarten Workshop:
“I think it was a nice "taste of kindergarten" and q&a  for us nervous parents.”  Amy

Just wanted to let you know that Tyler and I loved the workshop. I got ideas to work on over the summer and Tyler's apprehension about starting kindergarten is diminished.
Your patience and enthusiasm was wonderful.
Thanks,  Julie Duncan
"The class was definitely informative and it is a great first step to get our children more familiar and comfortable with kindergarten. Yes, my son was excited about K after we left and asked when we get to go back.  It was great, informative, well organized, and fun! Thank you!   Loretta Goltara

"I just wanted to let you know that Max told me after the class that he's not nervous about starting kindergarten anymore, only excited! I was so happy to hear that. I think the class was really helpful in making him feel more comfortable."
Thanks!  Rhonda Lauterbach

No comments:

Post a Comment