Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ladybug Hike for the New YEAR!

We survived the Holidays and now we are off and running into the NEW YEAR! Having a two-year-old doesn't allow for much downtime. We started our year off with a family hike to find the hibernating ladybugs at the Redwood Regional Park off the Stream Trail.  Luckily I asked a passing family where they were because I think we would have walked right by them!  It was amazing to see all the ladybugs.
 I had read about this before and thought what a fun way to spend the day and let my little one be free to explore.  My soon-to-be seven-year-old loved it, however, my two-year-old didn't want to walk.  Figures...and we didn't even bring the stroller.  We will definitely be going on more adventures together!
 
Here is where I first read about the ladybugs:  http://frogmom.com/2011/11/ladybug-hike-at-redwood-regional-park/

Don't forget to bring some snacks to keep the kids going! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment