Monday, December 2, 2013

And so it begins...Elf on the Shelf!

I was never a fan of Elf on the Shelf.  Why do I need to "bribe" my son to be good for Santa...shouldn't he be good everyday?  I was hoping to get away with not doing it, but after a play date yesterday, my son asked if an Elf could come to our house too!  I asked him if he was "up for the challenge" of being good because the Elf reports back to Santa daily.  He said with gusto, "I'm Ready!"  So before bed we wrote the Elf a note and left him a cookie.  Luckily, I had an "elf" tucked away in our Christmas decorations, and thought he would do.  That next morning, at the crack of dawn, my son was up looking for the Elf.  And so it begins, we are now apart of the "Elf on the Shelf" craze.


* I am going to use this opportunity for my son to practice "writing" by leaving notes to the Elf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment